Attorney Leah Wise
Leah Wise was born and raised in Harlingen, Texas and graduated from Harlingen High School in 2008. Upon graduation from high school, Leah attended The University of Texas at Austin where she graduated in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Political Communication and a concentration in women's and gender studies. Leah obtained her Doctor of Jurisprudence from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2016.
Leah opened her own law practice in 2016 and became the first Latina-owned law firm in South Texas dedicated 100% to personal injury. Since then she has obtained millions of dollars in settlements for injured clients. Leah is the owner of Leah Wise Law Firm, PLLC, her real estate investment company, Leah Wise Enterprises, LLC, her clothing line CrashGal Couture, LLC, and recently founded a non-profit called Wise Women Foundation. Leah’s passion is empowering Latinas. She is the co-founder of “Latina Feature Friday”, a social media segment highlighting Latina-owned businesses in the RGV, runs a “CrashGal Mentorship Group” for aspiring Latina lawyers, and runs a business mentorship group for Latina entrepreneurs.
In 2021 Leah was named one of the best lawyers in the nation for securing the largest settlement in the state of Texas. Less than 1% of all lawyers in the U.S. achieve this distinction. Leah was voted “Best Attorney” by the Valley Morning Star Reader’s Choice Awards in 2017 and 2018. Leah is the first Latina injury attorney in the history of the RGV to advertise with Univision, KRGV Channel 5, and Lamar billboards. In 2022, Leah founded the Leah Wise Latina Student Hardship Fund at St. Mary’s University School of Law in which she pledged $50,000 to the law school to help Latina Law Students experiencing financial hardship. Leah enjoys spending time with her loved ones and advocating for women’s empowerment all over the nation.
- Giving Tuesday 2020: $7,000 raised for the Humane Society of Harlingen
- Giving Tuesday 2021: $3,000 raised in pads and tampons and distributed to low income high schools in the RGV
- 2021 Birthday Fundraiser: Over $2,000 raised for the Family Crisis Center of the Rio Grande Valley
- Teach for America: Over $10,000 raised for TFA in 2021
- Latina Feature Friday: Dozens of Latina-owned business featured on social media (see Instagram @crashgal)
- Coffee with Crashgal: Internet talk show featuring local women and women-centered issues.
- Leah Wise Latina Student Hardship Fund: $50,000 pledge to Latina law students at St. Mary’s University School of Law.
- 2017 Best Attorney- Valley Morning Star Reader’s Choice Awards
- 2018 Best Attorney- Valley Morning Star Reader’s Choice Awards
- 2021 OMGRGV Personality of the Month
- 2021 Admittance to Best of Bar for securing the largest settlement in the State of Texas
- Texas Border Business
- The Valley Morning Star
- Yahoo! Finance