McAllen 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Attorney
#CrashGal Serves the Rio Grande Valley
Up to 40 tons and dozens of feet long, 18-wheelers are some of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. While truck drivers are just regular people, they're also behind the wheel of a vehicle the weight and size of a train car. Even one mistake can lead to a devastating truck accident. When trucking companies or truck drivers cause harm to drivers, they need to be held accountable.
The award-winning firm of 956 Abogada knows first-hand how terrible truck accidents are. Our McAllen truck accident lawyer represents the victims of tractor-trailer crashes, helping them get the money they need for medical care, lost wages, and more. If you've been in an 18-wheeler accident or another type of auto accident, you need an advocate. You need 956 Abogada.
Contact the CrashGal! Attorney Leah Wise provides our clients with free consultations to help them understand their options and begin getting their lives back to normal.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Due to the sheer size of trucks, a collision with a pedestrian or passenger vehicle can cause substantial injury to individuals and damage to property. There are also many components of a truck that can play a part in the collision of a truck.
Some of the most common types of truck accidents include:
- Jacknife accidents: This occurs when a big rig folds into a 90-degree angle, and is often caused by sudden braking.
- Wide turn accidents: Although truck drivers must make wide right turns to avoid crashing into objects nearby, some cars or pedestrians may end up trapped in the right side space in between if a driver is not attentive.
- Blind spot accidents: Trucks have more blind spots than regular vehicles because of their size. If a driver fails to check their blind spots while changing lanes, reversing, or making turns, this can cause serious injuries.
- Underride accidents: If a smaller vehicle collides into a truck, the car can be stuck underneath the truck's trailer.
- Tire blowout accidents: Since tires have to support the massive weight of a truck, blowouts can occur - either through a tire defect or from lack of maintenance.
- Rollovers: If a truck driver loses control and brakes suddenly, the whole vehicle can roll on its side and collide into nearby cars.
- Crashes caused by cargo: When cargo is overloaded or improperly loaded, a driver can have trouble steering/braking, and cargo can fall off.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident?
Commercial truck accident claims can be complex because there are many parties involved. Liability can fall on one person, or multiple parties depending on the actual cause of your accident.
Liable parties in a truck accident claim can include:
- The truck driver, for negligence such as drunk driving or exceeding the maximum driving hours allowed
- The trucking company if they failed to conduct routine maintenance
- The truck manufacturer for defective parts that caused your crash
- Third party such as the cargo loading company if they improperly loaded cargo that caused the accident
Investigating truck accidents require extensive resources and consultation with a variety of experts. Work with an experienced attorney who can help you uncover the cause of your accident, and help you pursue compensation from all the liable parties involved.
Here for You. Here to Stay.
While you're recovering in the hospital or at home, the trucking company is already at work trying to prove the accident was your fault. They'll do whatever they can to gather the evidence against you. The only way to fight back is to act fast and get an investigator on your side. That's why people call our McAllen trucking law firm.
Our firm has the energy, resources, and speed to make sure the evidence in your favor is preserved. As a young firm, our attorney is a fiery warrior in an industry dominated by slow-moving, bloated law firms where you'd just be a number. When you need someone who is as hungry and passionate as you are to rebuild your life, call 956 Abogada. We are also able to assist with wrongful death actions stemming from truck accidents.
Fill out an online form or call us at (956) 232-2349 for a free consultation today. Call the CrashGal to fight for your future!
One of the Best Firms in Texas- Omar V.
I was very pleased with the quick, attentive, and caring service the 956 Abogada team provided.- Bess M.
The treatment I received not only from Leah but the entire law firm made me feel that I was their #1 priority.- Alejandro M.
Make a WISE choice and you won't be disappointed!!!- Brenda S.
Very good lawyer, helped me with my case and got good results.- Salinas M.